- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- The City Secretary serves as the link between City Council and citizens as well as between the City Mayor and city employees.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Provide assistance with events, such as police department auctions of abandoned automobiles.
Serve as a notary of the public