The City of Lexington Mayor is the Chief Administrator of the City and is elected by City of Lexington citizens. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all City departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by City Council
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the City operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the City
- Responding to citizen concerns
- Elected Chief Representative of the People
The Mayor also works to develop the City's annual budget, works with other administrators in the region to make a real difference to cities’ economic performance, and economic vitality of the City.